Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last Day in Paradise

We decided our last day would be the day to relax. ( Belliveau style )

We spent the first couple of hours starting to get a handle on the packing. It's amazing how at the end of the journey you understand just how much you packed that you didn't really need. We probably would have used a lot of the items I packed had we been able to do all the things we wanted. But let's look at the bright side - we are taking home many more golf balls than we ever dreamed of. Too bad it's not because we played so well.

We then both had an Aromatic Thai Spa Treatment right here at the resort. We loved the fact we didn't have to drive. Other than our honeymoon, I had never pampered myself this way. It was advertised as a two hour muscle therapy session that we both needed after all the hours in the car/camper. It was very relaxing, starting with an herb tea, then a foot soak and massage, then a full body massage. Therapeutically, it wasn't very good, and was a half hour short. I wanted it to continue, it felt so nice. We felt a little ripped off, but it was very enjoyable.

We went back for lunch, then decided the day was just too picture-perfect to spend packing, so we went to play 9 holes of golf. So much for relaxing, eh?

We found a lovely course about 1/2 hour away. The grounds were as beautiful as the Botanical Gardens, and had a huge variety of trees. Every shape, color and size you can imagine. I spent more time looking at the trees, than the fairway. Norman was pleased with his game, and I had decided to use the tee in the fairways again ( never used my driver ) and had some really nice shots. I wish I could hit like that without the tee! It amazes me that I could play like I did with only about 4 -5 weeks healing time. The doctor told me not to even think about golf until 6 weeks. I wasn't being stupid, I just lost track of time and thought it was six weeks.

It was time to face the packing. Ate whatever was left in the fridge, did a little more laundry, and finished the packing. Knew the next day was going to be very long, so we went to bed early.