

Do I win if I get a " Kitty"?
Was a beautiful day but since we were back into Auckland we decided to pick up the few things the camper needed and to buy more groceries. When we came out of the department store we discovered that when Norman hit a speed bump too fast, the
boxed rice milk burst and ran all over the camper. Good thing we had just purchased cleaning supplies. Took a while, and we hope we cleaned the carpet piece enough so it won’t stink with the heat! Lesson 1 & 2 – go slower over the speed bumps and don’t travel with the milk between the wine bottles, or perhaps skip the milk and take more wine?
Next destination – Clark’s Beach to camp tonight and golf tomorrow. We plugged the address into the GPS and proceeded to follow its directions back and forth several times over the Auckland Bridge. We were going crazy!
Lesson 3 - don’t always listen to the guy on the GPS. He tells you to do a U Turn in the middle of an interstate. We learned to just curse him, and he will say to “continue on”. Another cute one - “in 500 Meters, continue straight“ ( we always laugh at that one ).
We finally arrived at the campsite about 3:30PM with our nerves quite frayed.
Since the weather was gorgeous ( in the high 80’s and humidity down ) we decided to run next door and play tomorrow's planned round of golf today. The manager thought we were crazy because “it’s way too hot“. Not by Florida’s standards. The tide was currently high, and water surrounded the course. Would not be too pretty tomorrow AM at low tide.
We teed off with no one else on the course. How great is that? Went down-hill from there. Norman hit a house, and nearly ran over a kitten that became quite a pest. I nearly whacked its head off when teeing off. Bolted right up during my back swing and cuddled the ball! I stopped my swing just like Tiger Woods! I have heard of a “Birdie”, but a “Kitty”? Lesson 3 & 4 - Look before you move the cart, and hit the ball!
I was not too disappointed in my game, probably because over the last few years I have learned not to expect to0 much. I deliver that regularly, so I am happy. Norman, on the other hand, stated that if anyone were to see his New Zealand golf, they would suspect he never held a club in his hand before! Poor guy, he should never have shot that 74 Xmas Eve! ( Add 30 points to that, and you get the idea of his suffering ). I think once he plays a few more rounds he will be back to his regular game. After all, he hasn’t played since the 1st of the year.
We returned to the campsite and had a few more lessons. Met a lovely couple who were glad to instruct us on that first, very scary dumping of the dirty water. We also learned we were completely out of water and that we were looking at the wrong gauges. This couple showed us a lot of the maintenance things that we somehow missed during the very brief explanation the rental people gave us. Thank God we met them, things could have been uncomfortable during the night. Many lessons.
Had yet another late cooked meal, and hit the sack. This Vacation Life is more tiring than The Village Lifestyle.!
boxed rice milk burst and ran all over the camper. Good thing we had just purchased cleaning supplies. Took a while, and we hope we cleaned the carpet piece enough so it won’t stink with the heat! Lesson 1 & 2 – go slower over the speed bumps and don’t travel with the milk between the wine bottles, or perhaps skip the milk and take more wine?
Next destination – Clark’s Beach to camp tonight and golf tomorrow. We plugged the address into the GPS and proceeded to follow its directions back and forth several times over the Auckland Bridge. We were going crazy!
Lesson 3 - don’t always listen to the guy on the GPS. He tells you to do a U Turn in the middle of an interstate. We learned to just curse him, and he will say to “continue on”. Another cute one - “in 500 Meters, continue straight“ ( we always laugh at that one ).
We finally arrived at the campsite about 3:30PM with our nerves quite frayed.
Since the weather was gorgeous ( in the high 80’s and humidity down ) we decided to run next door and play tomorrow's planned round of golf today. The manager thought we were crazy because “it’s way too hot“. Not by Florida’s standards. The tide was currently high, and water surrounded the course. Would not be too pretty tomorrow AM at low tide.
We teed off with no one else on the course. How great is that? Went down-hill from there. Norman hit a house, and nearly ran over a kitten that became quite a pest. I nearly whacked its head off when teeing off. Bolted right up during my back swing and cuddled the ball! I stopped my swing just like Tiger Woods! I have heard of a “Birdie”, but a “Kitty”? Lesson 3 & 4 - Look before you move the cart, and hit the ball!
I was not too disappointed in my game, probably because over the last few years I have learned not to expect to0 much. I deliver that regularly, so I am happy. Norman, on the other hand, stated that if anyone were to see his New Zealand golf, they would suspect he never held a club in his hand before! Poor guy, he should never have shot that 74 Xmas Eve! ( Add 30 points to that, and you get the idea of his suffering ). I think once he plays a few more rounds he will be back to his regular game. After all, he hasn’t played since the 1st of the year.
We returned to the campsite and had a few more lessons. Met a lovely couple who were glad to instruct us on that first, very scary dumping of the dirty water. We also learned we were completely out of water and that we were looking at the wrong gauges. This couple showed us a lot of the maintenance things that we somehow missed during the very brief explanation the rental people gave us. Thank God we met them, things could have been uncomfortable during the night. Many lessons.
Had yet another late cooked meal, and hit the sack. This Vacation Life is more tiring than The Village Lifestyle.!