Want to buy some slightly used ( or in our case hit once ) golf balls? We came across balls set in an egg carton with the "honor system" cash box. Balls with a little more experience, were half price.
By the end of the round, we wished we bought the entire bucket! Hope we find another "store".
We woke up to our first, really beautiful day. We packed up (everything has to be stowed, or will fly off the shelves ) and headed North to golf.
Norman chose a very beautiful golf course in the country, with distant ocean views. The plant life was incredible! Really unusual shrubs, flowers & trees. There were plants that looked like the cross between ferns and evergreens. Palm trees, ornamental grasses, blooming lily pads, etc. Gorgeous. Our pictures just don’t do it justice. We walked the course which was EXTREMELY hilly. There were some holes I had all I could do to drag the pull cart up to the green. On the turn, at the 12th hole, and 5 miles, we got a cart and finished the round - I wanted to save my strength for tomorrow’ s hike, so we opted to get an electric cart on the turn, (which happened to be the 12th hole!). I was fairly pleased with my round (got two birdies ) . Norman struggled on the front 9 ( hadn’t played in quite a while ), but showed great improvement on the back.
We then drove about 1 1/2 hours to a very lovely campsite on the water. Low tide, but very pretty anyway. Hopefully the tide will come in before we leave. Norman cooked again, and now that I have typed this blog, time for bed!